Parental supervision is recommended
You can use pressed flowers in many different crafts. This particular technique is a good one to get kids involved in since it uses household appliances and objects in unusual ways. This makes a great Earth Day craft, summer craft, spring craft or nature craft for kids.
What you'll need:
- Two out-dated telephone books
- Two heavy stoneware plates
- Paper towels
How to make it:
- Cut flowers.
- Place them gently into an old telephone book and place in refrigerator for two days.
- Turn one stone plate face down and place paper towels in bottom center.
- Gently place flowers in a single position, not touching each other.
- Put another layer of paper towels over the flowers.
- Put the other stoneware plate on top of the paper towels matching bottoms.
- Place the plates in the microwave and cook them for 8 minutes on LOW heat.
- Remove them from the microwave and let them cool thoroughly.
- When they are cool, remove them from the paper towels.
- If you aren't ready to use them, put them into another old telephone book and put a weight on it until you are ready to use the flowers.