Pressed Leaves Place Mat
Parental supervision is recommended
Kids can have fun outdoors collecting leaves then take their creativity indoors with this pressed leaves place mat. This traditional fall craft includes elements of cut and paste as well as collage.
What you'll need:
- 2 Sheets of clear Con-Tact paper, place mat size
- Waxed paper
- Large book, Dictionary, or Encyclopedia
How to make it:
- Gather some fall leaves.
- Place each of the leaves between two pieces of waxed paper.
- Place the leaves inside a large book to flatten them.
- After the leaves are flattened, take them out of the book and remove the waxed paper. This may take a day to about a week.
- Peel the back off of one of the sheets of clear Con-Tact paper.
- Place sticky side up on your work area.
- Arrange your leaves on the Con-Tact paper in any way desired.
- Peel the backing off of the other sheet of Con-Tact paper and carefully place on top of the leaves.
- You can trim around the edges or use decorative scissors to give it a different look.
If you have trouble trying to work two sheets of Con-Tact paper, then adhere the first sheet of Con-Tact paper to a piece of construction paper cut slightly smaller than the Con-Tact. Next place the leaves on the construction paper and cover with the second sheet of Con-Tact paper. Trim if necessary.