Parental supervision is recommended
This project is one that I just thought of. It is a great present and decoration.
What you'll need:
- Clear glass platter or dish
- Designs of any form cut from wrapping paper
- Any color rice paper that is twice the size of the dish
- Decoupage clear finish
- Foam brush
- China marker
How to make it:
- Arrange cut out designs onto platter. Mark positions with the china marker and remove cutouts.
- Brush the clear decoupage finish onto the front of the pictures. Put the pictures on the back of the dish on marked spots.
- Cut the rice paper in half and shape both halves slightly larger than the platter. Brush the finish onto the entire back of the dish. Apply sheet of rice paper.
- After the first layer has dried, apply the second layer of rice paper. Let dry.
- Trim excess paper from the edges and apply two coats of clear finish. Let dry.
- To clean dish after use; gently wash by hand and dry with towel.
Remember: Except for steps one and two, all of the steps happen on the back of the platter! Remember!