Potato Chip Pencil Can
Reusable pencil holder for kids
Age: 6 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Love potato chips? Got pencils? Then this potato chip can pencil keeper is the thing for you. Craft an empty can into a useful and attractive way to keep pencils in their place.
For more great activities, check out our listing of back-to-school crafts.
What you'll need:
- Small potato chip can (recommended: Pringles brand chip can)
- Small potato chip can lid, optional
- Gift wrap, construction paper, book cover material, or decorative adhesive shelving paper (recommended: Con-Tact paper)
- Double stick tape or glue
How to make it:
- We wrap the outside with gift wrap, construction paper, the adhesive paper or book cover.
- Cut to size and adhere to the potato chip can with double stick tape or glue.
- Punch holes in the lid if you would like your pencils to stay in place.
- Use this decorative pencil holder on your desk at school, at home, by the phone or any place you may need to have pencils and pens handy.
- The tall potato chip cans tend to be too large.
- If you don't use the lid then highlighters and scissors will fit inside as well.