Pumpkin Block Heads
Parental supervision is recommended
If there are odds and ends of wood around your house, these pumpkin block heads are a creative and unusual craft to make use of them. Kids will enjoy coloring and painting the pumpkin faces for Halloween.
What you'll need:
- Block of wood in any shape
- Sanding foam block
- Craft paint in orange, black, and white (additional colors optional)
How to make it:
- Choose a block of wood that is around your home. If you don't have any, ask at a local lumberyard or building supply store for a scrap end.
- Sand the block to remove sharp ends or splinters. Dust off with damp rag.
- Paint the block orange, et dry, then paint on facial details.
- Let dry.
- Hammer in a nail, leaving the head about a half an inch to an inch above the wood surface.
- Tie the raffia around the nail.
- Tie the ribbon around the nail.
- Make several for a great fireplace decoration, or to sit in your window. Enjoy.
This craft works as a great group project. Some readers did this project after a hay ride with friends and ended up with every pumpkin looking different.