Pumpkin Window Hangers
By: Amanda Formaro
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 4 and up
With fall comes fresh pumpkin pie, visits to the pumpkin patch and pumpkin carving. Why not make your very own version of the orange veggie with this pumpkin craft window hangers to hang in your window this autumn season?
Check out great fun and turkey-themed crafts at our main Thanksgiving crafts page. For more holiday fun, visit our main Thanksgiving page and learn about great Thanksgiving-themed entertainment and activities like clip art, books, and coloring pages.
And also be sure to check out our great turkey recipes.
What you'll need:
- Orange craft foam
- Green craft foam
- Brown chenille stick
- Brown or black marker
- Suction cup hanger
- Orange glitter glue
- Hot glue gun
- White craft glue
How to make it:
- Trace the pattern onto orange craft foam and cut out.
- Cut out leaves from the green craft foam and use white glue to adhere the leaves to the top of the pumpkins.
- Use a marker to draw lines onto your pumpkins.
- Let the glue dry.
- Cut a four inch piece off the chenille stick and save the remainder for another project. Fold the four inch piece in half, creating a loop at one end.
- Hot glue the open end of the chenille stick to the back of the pumpkin for the stem, leaving about one inch showing with the loop at the top.
- Paint pumpkins with orange glitter glue and let them dry.
- Attach suction cup to a window and hang pumpkin by the stem.