Purse and Notepad Card
By: Claudine Casault
Age: 4 and up (optional 7 and up instructions)
Parental supervision is recommended
A combination Mother's Day card and notepad keepsake!
What you'll need:
- Cardstock paper (colored)
- Designer paper
- Colored beads and buttons
- Medium-size button (1)
- 1/8" ribbon (colored) (optional)
- Notepad or Post-it-note (optional)
- Glue or glue gun
- Needle and thread (thick)
- Magnets (round/strong)
- Pencil & ruler
- Hole-punch (optional)
How to make it:
- Trace out the card template on colored cardstock and designer paper.
- Cut out and fold on dotted lines.
- Create a small hole ½" in from the sides at the top of card (use needle).
- String a long piece of thread with mixture of beads and buttons leaving 4" ends.
- Thread ends of beaded thread through holes in card and knot together inside card.
- Glue cardstock cutout and design cutout together and fold again.
- Glue a medium-size button at bottom on front of card.
- Glue a round magnet on underside of flap and on card.
- Stitch around outer edge of card using colored thread.
- Trace (1) notepad template shape on white paper and (1) on cardstock.
- Cut out desired number of notepad pages.
- Place the cardstock notepad shape on back of notepad.
- Punch (2) holes, 1" apart in notepad and floss 1/8" ribbon through each hole.
- Cut out a 1 ½" x ½" rectangle shape of cardstock and punch a hole in center.
- Floss the notepad ribbon through the hole in the rectangle shape and tie a bow.
- Glue back of notepad to the center of purse.
- Create a small bow with 1/8" ribbon, slide a small pencil through loops &, tighten.
- Glue bow on card above notepad.
- You can substitute the magnet for Velcro and use other patterns of cardstock.
Claudine Casault is a craft developer living in Ontario, Canada.