Puzzle Piece Spider
Parental supervision is recommended
Creepy, crawly, crafty puzzle piece spider fun for kids! Put all those old jigsaw puzzles that are missing a few pieces to good use with this Halloween craft. Always a winner with Spider-Man fans.
What you'll need:
- Aleene's Premium Coat Acrylic Paint (OC 176 Black)
- Aleene's Thick Designer Tacky Glue
- Aleene's Satin Finish Varnish
- Jones Tones MT20 Black Glitter
- Aleene's Shrink-It Clear Plastic
- 4 Black Pipe Cleaners (Chenille Stems)
- 2 Large wiggle eyes (about 18 mm)
- 40 puzzle pieces, approximately
How to make it:
- Paint approximately 40 puzzle pieces (both sides). Let dry.
- Cut a circle out of paper -- 4 inches in diameter. Place the paper circle under the clear plastic sheet.
- Row 1: Place a row of puzzle pieces inside circle. Fill in center with as many pieces that will fit.
- Row 2: Glue puzzle pieces around first layer, keeping inside outer edge of circle. Overlap as much as possible. Let dry, turn Spider body over for third row.
- Row 3: Follow same instructions for row 2, over-lap as much as you can, keeping inside of circle, glue down.
- When dry, re-paint spider body, then varnish with the Aleene's Satin Varnish, doing back side as well. While still wet, sprinkle glitter over front of body. Shake excess glitter off. Let dry.
- Cut 4 chenille stems in half (makes 8 legs). Bend the 8 legs in half. Place evenly on each side of spider. Put a GOOD spot of glue in location of where the inside of the leg will go, set leg in place. (To help keep them secure set something between each leg to help it set up-right, if you have enough paint bottles that works great. Or wrinkled up waxed paper.) Put 4 legs on each side.
- Glue eyes in place.
- Option is to cut a piece of black felt the same size as the spider, glue to bottom.