Puzzle Wreath Ornament
By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 5 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
If you have any puzzles that are missing pieces, they can be turned into fun craft projects! Take this cute wreath ornament for example. Turn spare puzzle pieces into a cute ornament for your Christmas tree.
What you'll need:
- Puzzle pieces
- Green acrylic paint
- Colorful buttons
- Thin white ribbon
- White craft glue or hot glue gun
- Green glitter glue
How to make it:
- Grab a handful of puzzle pieces (middles, no straight sides) and lay them out in the shape of a wreath. Overlap a layer or two until you have enough, put any remaining pieces back for another project.
- Paint the puzzle pieces with green paint. Let dry and repeat for a second coat.
- Paint dry pieces with green glitter glue and let dry.
- Glue pieces together in the shape a wreath, overlapping to give your wreath thickness and strength.
- Tie a piece of ribbon into a bow and trim the ends. Glue to the front of the wreath, centered at the bottom.
- Glue buttons to the front of the wreath, varying the colors as you go around.
- Glue a looped piece of ribbon to the back of the wreath for a hanger.
- Don’t throw away puzzles just because some of the pieces are missing. There are tons of craft projects that can be made from puzzles. You can also donate them to a local daycare or elementary school art department.
- You can substitute the buttons in this craft by using pony beads or other colorful beads.
- If you don’t have glitter glue handy, spray the puzzle pieces with acrylic sealer spray so that the paint doesn’t rub or peel off.
More Holiday Fun