Race Car Costume
Parental supervision is recommended
This a great Halloween craft for trick or treaters who may be in a wheelchair. You can use the cardboard box to sit over the wheelchair and appear as the body of the race car.
What you'll need:
- Large cardboard box
- Red spray paint
- Black spray paint
- 5 Paper plates
- Black marker
- 4 Yellow plastic milk jug lids (other colors will do as well)
- 1 Red plastic milk jug lid for horn
- Red construction paper
- White construction paper
- Craft glue
- Pen or screwdriver (to poke holes in box)
How to make it:
- Fold sides of box in on both ends.
- Attach yarn to go from front of box to back of box and rest over child's shoulders. To attach, poke holes with a pen or screwdriver into the box, then run yarn through and tie off.
- Spray paint box red. Let dry.
- Spray paint the paper plates black. Let dry.
- Glue 4 of the 5 paper plates onto the box as wheels.
- Glue the plastic milk jug lids on to the plates as hub caps.
- Take last plate and cut out a steering wheel.
- Glue red plastic milk jug lid onto last plate as the horn. Glue plate to box.
- Cut tail lights from red construction paper, glue on.
- Cut headlights from white construction paper, glue on.
- Draw a grill on front with black marker.
Be sure to also check out our Race Car Driver Costume.
For additional costume ideas, see Amanda Formaro's Cardboard Box Costumes.