Parental supervision is recommended
Give future motorists a thrill ride with this race car craft. An old wooden apple crate and some plastic plates are all you need to get the wheels turning for kids' parties and other events.
What you'll need:
- Apple box for each child (or similar sized box)
- Red, yellow, blue, green and orange paint
- Colored plastic plates
- Paint brush
- Tacky glue
- Box knife
- Colored construction paper in a variety of colors, optional
- Metal brads, optional
How to make it:
- With bottom side up, cut out square in the middle big enough for child to step into and pull up around waist.
- Let your imagination go wild as you paint these cars and add accents with construction paper if you like.
- Glue two colored plastic plates on each side for wheels. Alternatively, you can poke a small hole in the box and plate and put a brad through it instead of gluing the plates. Open up the brad and now the wheels turn! Add a steering wheel to the top and the child can drive the car!
Game instructions:Red Light, Green Light Race Car Game
If you are going to make several cars, you may wish to spray paint the boxes and have them ready for the children to decorate.