Racing driver costume
Parental supervision is recommended
Be first to the finish line this Halloween with this racing driver costume. This is the kind of costume that some kids will be happy to do laps in again and again even when Halloween is over.
What you'll need:
- Racing helmet (look at party stores or toy stores)
- Black sweatshirt
- Black sweatpants
- Variety of racing patches (see below)
- Yellow ribbon (1/4" wide)
- Red ribbon (1/4" wide)
- Sewing machine
- Matching thread
- Straight pins
How to make it:
- Lay the sweatpants out on the table. Use straight pins to mark the side seam of the sweatpants.
- Fold the raw edge (end) under the yellow ribbon then start pinning the ribbon following the straight pin guideline. (Note: Remove the pin guideline as you pin down the ribbon)
- End the ribbon by cutting and folding under the raw edge.
- Repeat with the red ribbon.
- Stitch with the sewing machine using coordinating thread.
- Repeat directions above for the sweatshirt, sewing the ribbon from the shoulder down to the wrist.
- Lay the outfit out flat on the table. Lay the patches out on the outfit. Pin in place.
- Stitch the patches on. (see note in tip area)
- Add a helmet and your child is ready to race!