Parental supervision is recommended
Sometimes kids can be their most imaginative with just the simplest of supplies—like the paper and paint needed to craft these rainbow scenes.
What you'll need:
- White construction paper
- Water paint
- Large paint brush
- Glass of water
- Black construction paper
- Glue or paste
How to make it:
- Prepare work area by spreading newspaper on table.
- Wet your brush in the glass of water and clean between colors. Use a lot of water because colors should be light.
- Paint along the top 1/5 of the paper, lengthwise with yellow paint.
- Repeat this step moving down to the next 1/5 of the paper with orange, red, blue and purple. Move down to the next 1/5 with each new color. You should be at the center of the paper with red.
- Allow paint to dry.
- While drying take your black paper and cut out a scene, such as buildings or trees, etc.
- Once your paint is dry, glue your scene to the rainbow background.