Recipe Card Holder
Age: 5 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
This homemade recipe card holder will help Mom in the kitchen by freeing up counter space and allowing hands-free recipe viewing. Not to mention, it will remind Mom of your love each time she cooks.
What you'll need:
- Small plastic plant pot
- Plaster of Paris
- Plastic fork
- Silk flowers
- Recipe card
- Pen or pencil
How to make it:
- Purchase a small, plastic, plant pot and decorate it with a variety of stickers.
- Mix up a batch of plaster of Paris (with parental supervision; follow the directions on the bag or box) and fill each pot three-quarters full.
- Let the pot stand for moment, until the plaster begins to set, then insert a plastic fork (stick the handle in the plaster, tines pointing up).
- You could also add sprigs of silk flowers while the plaster is still wet.
- Let the plaster dry thoroughly.
- Put Mom's favorite recipe card in the fork.