Recycled Milk-Jug Easter Basket
Be creative and eco-friendly with this recycled milk jug Easter basket craft for kids. By using everyday plastic milk jugs, your kids can go green while having fun making a fluffy Easter bunny basket to hold their Easter treats.
What you'll need:
- A clean, plastic, one-gallon milk jug with the label removed
- Washable glue
- Pom-poms or cotton balls (pink and white)
- Felt and/or black and white construction paper
- Washable marker
- Craft eyes
- Black pipe cleaners
How to make it:
- Hold the jug by the handle to sketch a bunny head and the section you will be cutting away. The bottom part opposite the handle is the nose.
- Cut down from the lid and then up to make the floppy bunny ears. Make sure you don’t cut away the handle; this is how the wee ones will carry their treats.
- Glue on the craft eyes and a nose. (You can also use felt or construction paper for the eyes. Cut bigger circles out of the white and smaller black circles for the insides of the eyes.) Most jugs have the large indentations that you can use for the eyes. Felt or a pink pom-pom will make a nice nose.
- Glue white pom poms/cotton balls to the rest of the jug.
- Fill with Easter grass and fun Easter treats!