By: Amanda Formaro
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 5 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Make this New Year's resolution magnet carft for kids they can stick with all year long. Hang it on the refrigerator so that your kids are reminded of it daily.
What you'll need:
- White and light blue construction paper
- Black fine tip marker
- White craft glue or glue stick
- Magnet strip
- Laminating paper (optional)
How to make it:
- Cut a sheet of white construction paper in half.
- Across the top write “I RESOLVE” with a crayon of your choice.
- Use a fine tip black marker to outline your crayon.
- Choose your resolution and use the fine tip black marker to write it below the title (i.e. “to keep my room clean”)
- Use crayons to draw a colorful picture depicting your resolution below the words.
- Trim the white construction paper so that all sides of your artwork are even.
- Glue your artwork to a piece of light blue construction paper. Trim the blue paper to create a nice border frame for your art.
- If you choose to laminate, do it now, before adding the magnet.
- Glue a magnet strip (or use self-stick magnet strip) to the back of your resolution art and hang on the refrigerator.
- Talk to your children about the significance of making resolutions each New Year.
- Choose whatever color construction paper you wish, our choices are only suggestions.
- Buy construction paper in large value packs and keep on hand for impromptu projects.