Parental supervision is recommended
If you're spending part of the summer at a cottage or near a beach, making these rock paperweights can keep small hands active. Kids don't need much more than rocks, paint and imagination.
What you'll need:
How to make it:
- First, find a rock you like - the smoother the better. Find one that resembles a shape of something - like a ladybug, the earth, an egg, etc.
- After you wash the rock, paint it to resemble whatever you'd like.
- Mix water and flour together until it is smooth and has no bumps. It should be fairly watery.
- Once the paint is dry on your rock, paint the flour and water mixture on as a sealer.
- Now that your rock is finished, use it for all sorts of things -- as a paperweight, gift, decoration, garden ornament, etc.