Rock'n'Roll Ice Cream
Difficulty: Very Easy
First put that rock salt in the can with cream, sugar and the other ingredients before getting the kids to roll it into a delicious ice cream treat. Presto: Rock 'n Roll Ice Cream!
What you'll need:
- 3 pound empty coffee can
- 1 pound empty coffee can
- 1 Pint of half & half cream
- 1/2 Cup of sugar
- Rock Salt
- Ice (try freezing water in empty milk cartons or whatever container fits into refrigerator freezer.)
How to make it:
- Be sure empty cans are clean and free of any smell or residue of soap.
- In small can mix half & half with 1/2 cup of sugar. I usually
add a small amount of vanilla. You can also add any frozen
fruit you like.
- Place small can inside big can. Add enough ice to cover
small can. Sprinkle about 2 tablespoons of rock salt to
ice. Be sure can lids are secure.
- Now comes the fun! Put a sheet or other large covering
on floor. Everyone have a seat on the floor and start
rolling the big can to each other. This takes about 10 minutes
of time. Look at the ice cream to see it is hard enough.
If it is not, continue to roll a little longer.
- Eat the ice cream and enjoy!
See other Ice Cream Recipes: