Rolled Felt Snowman Ornament
By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 4 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
This project is so easy that even younger kids can join in the fun. Hang this cute little snowman on your tree this year!
What you'll need:
- 3 miniature pom poms
- 1 red glitter chenille stem
- 1 sheet white felt
- ½ sheet green felt
- Felt scraps: orange and black
- Scrap of fabric for scarf
- White craft glue
How to make it:
- Cut a 4” wide strip from the white felt.
- Cut a 4” x 3” square from the green felt.
- Cut an 8” x 1” strip of fabric for the scarf.
- Cut 7 small squares from the black felt to use for the eyes and mouth.
- Cut a long triangle from the orange felt for the carrot nose.
- Roll up the white felt strip, jellyroll style, and secure with white craft glue.
- Lay the green felt rectangle on the table and along the 4” edge, fold up about ½” and glue in place. This will create the brim for your snowman’s hat.
- Fringe the opposite side of the 4” end of the green felt but cutting 1 ½” long slits.
- Roll the green felt around one end of the white rolled felt. Trim in the back if needed and glue brim of hat to the “snowman”.
- Fold red chenille stem in half. About 1/3 of the way up the folded chenille, twist together to form a loop hanger, leaving some chenille at the bottom. Twist the remaining chenille around the green felt hat just below the fringe.
- Tie the scrap of felt around the “neckline” of the snowman and add some glue to secure scarf in place.
- Glue three miniature pom poms below the scarf as buttons.
- Glue eyes, nose, and mouth to snowman’s face.
- Allow everything to dry completely before hanging.
- Simplify this craft for smaller children by cutting the facial parts ahead of time.
- Save fabric scraps, old t-shirt, and even boxer shorts for projects such as these.
- Make several of these at once and allow children to give as gifts. Perfect for family, teachers, mail carrier, etc!