Parental supervision is recommended
If you've got sailors, mountain climbers or boy scouts on your Christmas list, this rope wreath is sure to pique their interest. Craft a seasonal decoration they'll remember.
What you'll need:
- 12-24" Coiled jute rope (1/2-1" diameter)
- Heavy duty scissors (to cut rope)
- Thin wire
- Wire cutter
- Small Christmas decorations
How to make it:
- Cut a piece of coiled jute rope about 12-24" long (1/2 -1" diameter rope; the larger the diameter of rope, the longer the rope can be).
- Tie ends together with thin, pliable wire.
- Add ribbon wrapped around rope (leaving much rope visible).
- Make a bow out of ribbon, and/or add small Christmas decorations glued to rope.
Tacky Glue is better for crafts than hot glue, which boys can easily get hurt using; it's thicker and tackier than Elmer's Glue and dries quickly.