Reindeer Ornament Craft
By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 4 and up
Make Rudolph ornaments this year for an easy, any age christmas tree ornament craft. Making this reindeer ornament craft is a real holiday classic- and a fun to do activity with the kids this year.
What you'll need:
- ¼ sheet of light brown craft foam
- 2 glitter gold chenille sticks
- 2 medium wiggle eyes
- 1 red glitter pom pom
- 6-8 inches of ribbon
- White craft glue or hot glue gun
How to make it:
- To make the head, cut 2 tear drop shapes from the craft foam.
- To make the ears, cut a small oval, then cut it in half lengthwise.
- Bend each chenille stick in half, then bend and twist them to form two antlers.
- Glue the ears toward the top of the round end of one of the tear drop shapes. Tip: Hot glue works much faster.
- Glue antlers to the top of the same oval shape.
- For the hanger, fold ribbon in half and glue the open ends together in between the two antlers.
- Glue the second oval shape to the back of the first oval to create the back of the reindeer’s head. This sandwiches the ears, antlers and hanger inside the two tear drop shapes and gives the ornament a more finished look.
- Glue on wiggle eyes.
- Glue on red pom pom for nose at the pointed end of the tear drop.
- Allow to dry completely.
- Check the holiday section of the craft store for glitter chenille sticks and pom poms.
- To make it easier for younger children, either draw the shapes onto the craft foam for them, or cut out the shapes yourself ahead of time.
- Foam can be found in abundance at your local craft or discount department store in a variety of colors. You can even buy mini buckets full of various different shapes, colors and sizes.