Santa Belt Napkin Rings
By: Amanda Formaro
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 6 and up
Your guests will smile from ear to ear when they see these adorable napkin rings that look just like Santa's suit!
What you'll need:
- Cardboard tube
- 1 sheet each of red, white, and black felt
- Gold chenille stem
- White craft glue
How to make it:
- Cut cardboard tube into 1-1/2-inch segments.
- Place one piece of the tube onto the red felt and cut the felt just slightly wider than the tube. Wrap the felt around the tube and trim off the excess, leaving enough for a small overlap. Glue the red felt around the cardboard tube. (See photo.)
- Cut a strip of black felt, about 1/2-inch wide, and glue it around the red tube, lining up the seams. (See photo.)
- Cut two strips of white felt, about 1/4-inch wide and glue them around the outside of the red felt, overlapping the edge a little.
- Cut a 3-inch piece of gold chenille and bend it into a square for the buckle. Glue the buckle to the black felt, be sure that the seam is on the opposite side. Let everything dry completely. (See photo.)
- These can also be made with construction paper or craft foam.
- Instead of gold chenille, you can use gold glitter glue, but you will need to take into account the drying time needed.
- These will look just as good on fancy napkins as they will on rolled up paper towels!