Santa's Beard Card Craft
By: Claudine Casault
Age: 3 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Ho, ho, ho! Make someone's Christmas extra jolly with this fantastic card featuring Santa Claus's famous beard.
What you'll need:
- Red cardstock
- Skin-colored cardstock
- Large white artificial flower
- 2 black brads
- 3-D white pearl fabric paint
- Red blush or pink chalk
- Double-sided padded tape
- White glitter
- Paper scissors
- Hot glue gun
How to make it:
Step 1: Santa Card Template
- Trace and cut Santa face and nose pattern on skin-colored cardstock. For Santa's face, use a folded piece of cardstock, matching it up to the "fold line" indicated on the template.
- Trace and cut the pieces of Santa's hat pattern on red color cardstock.
Step 2: Santa’s Flower Beard
- Pull off stem of large flower and cut off any green petals.
- Cut off two petals and trim petals for eye brows.
- Fold large flower and hot glue folded flower on bottom half of card.
- Place double-sided padded tape on the back of Santa’s nose.
- Place nose in the center of card above Santa’s beard.
- Place black brads for eyes above nose.
- Glue eye brows above eyes.
- Apply blush on cheeks of Santa.
Step 3: Santa’s Hat
- Glue hat to the top of Santa's head.
- Place double-sided padded tape on base of hat.
- Place hat brim on top of tape.
- Fold over tip of hat and hot glue tip on the right side of hat.
- Place double-sided padded tape on the back of the pompom cut-out.
- Place double-side tapes pompom onto the card so that it overlaps the hat brim and touches the tip of the hat.
- Pipe curls on brim, pompom, and along edges of hat using 3-D fabric paint.
- Sprinkle white glitter on top of piped curls. Let dry.
- Substitute white large flower for white faux fur fabric.
Claudine Casault is a craft developer living in Ontario, Canada.