Santa’s Christmas Hat Card
By: Claudine Casault
Age: 3 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Kris Kringle's favorite headgear makes for a fabulous source of inspiration for this Christmas card.
What you'll need:
How to make it:
Step 1: Pattern
- Trace and cut out pattern card (a) on white cardstock fold.
- Trace and cut out pattern (b) on red paper.
Step 2: Santa’s Hat
- Apply glue to front and back of folded card (a) using glue stick.
- Cover glued area with red paper cut-out (template b).
- Apply a thin coat of watered-down glue over red paper and cover with red glitter.
- Glue a 1" polystyrene ball to the center left side of hat for pompom.
- Fold tip of red hat and glue tip to ball.
- Apply a thin coat of watered-down glue over folded hat and apply red glitter.
Step 3: White Pompom and Brim
- Cut various lengths of ¼” strips of white cardstock.
- Roll up the ¼” strips using a dowel.
- Glue curls on hat brim and on pom pom.
- Apply a thin coat of watered-down craft glue on brim.
- Sprinkle with white glitter.
- Substitute red glitter for red velvet fabric.
Claudine Casault is a craft developer living in Ontario, Canada.