By: Amanda Formaro
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 3 and up
Toddlers and preschoolers will love this easy Santa's hat project. Cotton balls stick easily to construction paper, making this a fun project for little ones.
What you'll need:
- 1 sheet red construction paper
- 15-20 cotton balls
- White craft glue
How to make it:
- Use a ruler to find top center of the construction paper. Mark it with a dot (see image).
- Starting at the dot, use a ruler to draw a line down from the dot to the bottom right corner of the paper (see image). Repeat on the left as well.
- Cut out the triangle.
- Line the short side of the triangle with a generous amount of white craft glue (see image).
- Press cotton balls on to the glue until the bottom of the triangle is covered. Pipe more glue above the cotton balls to create another row. Press cotton balls onto the glue (see image).
- Put some glue at the top of the triangle and press one cotton ball in place for the top of the hat.
- Even toddlers can join the fun, simply cut out the hat for them and pipe on the glue so that they can press on the cotton balls.
- For added fun, let the kids decorate their hat with stickers, glitter and markers.
- If you want to make this a keepsake, be sure to write the child's name and date on the back.