School Notes Blackboard
By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 7 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
This fun countdown to the first day of school blackboard can be used all year long. Use it to jot down notes about tests, sports practice, after school activities, and (gasp!) even chores!
What you'll need:
- Wooden tray or plaque with raised outer edge
- Blackboard paint
- Green acrylic paint
- Acrylic sealer spray
- 3 crayons
- 1 pencil
- White craft glue
- Alphabet tiles or scrabble letters to spell “school notes”
How to make it:
- Sand the wooden tray until smooth.
- Take tray outside and spray the center with blackboard paint. Allow to dry (see image).
- Paint border green and let dry (see image).
- Line the black area of the tray with foil to protect it, and then spray the green border with acrylic sealer. This should be done outside or in a well-ventilated area.
- Glue the alphabet tiles onto the green border to spell out “school notes” (see image).
- Glue a pencil to the left side and the crayons to the right.
- Chalk can be stored on the “ledge”, or border of the tray.
- Blackboard paint can turn ordinary surfaces and walls into chalk boards! Transform a child’s table into a blackboard for plenty of fun.
- Use other items to embellish your blackboard such as a 6” ruler or some erasers.
- Use a clean, soft cloth to wipe away chalk and start over. Can be cleaned off with a damp cloth.