Star of David Chanukah Card or Shalom Chanukah Card
Celebrate Chanukah and a season of peace with this easy-to-do card.
By: Karen Greaves
What You Need
- white card stock cut 5 ½” x 8 ½”
- white card stock cut 1” square
- white card stock cut ¼” by ½”
- yellow cardstock 2” x 5 ½” and 1 ¼” x 1 ¼”
- 6” of 1” wide navy satin ribbon
- Star of David stamp
- blue stamp pad
- yellow stamp pad or marker
- adhesive such as double-sided sticky tape scissors
What You Do
- Fold largest piece of white cardstock in half.
- Tear about ¼”- ½” off the edge of the yellow strip.
- Glue ribbon on yellow strip, wrapping the raw edges in behind.
- Stamp the star on the white square.
- Glue the white stamped square on the gold one.
- Glue the square and the ribbon strip on the card front.
- Stamp, write or print off a word or phrase such as “Shalom” or “Happy Hanukkah” on the ¼” x ½” cardstock. Use a yellow marker or ink pad to lightly go around the edges of the paper. This gives it a bit of definition.
- Run a navy stamp pad or marker over the spine of the card.
- To perfectly center your image on a square, stamp on a larger piece of card stock then trim to the required size.
- Blank white cards and envelopes are available at office supply stores.
- Use a glue stick or glue tabs on the ribbon, because liquid glue often makes a ribbon look rippled.
Quick switch : To make this card into a gift tag, just use a 2 ½” x 4 ¼” piece of white cardstock.
Want to talk about crafts? Go to our crafts and activities Message Board.
Back to the Holiday Card Making Guide for more fun homemade card ideas.