Elegant New Year’s Eve Party Invitation
By: Bonnie Schiedel
A classic red, black and white color scheme makes these New Year’s Eve party invitations especially elegant—and especially simple!
Skill Level: Easy
What You Need
- black card stock cut 5 ½” x 4 1/4”
- white printer paper
- scraps of red cardstock
- adhesive, such as a glue stick
- box-cutter and ruler
- marker or computer and printer
- small round silver stickers
What You Do
- Using your computer, print off your invitation details. Use a simple font, and black and red ink. Or, handwrite your details. Double space each line so you have lots of room in between.
- Use the box-cutter and ruler to cut each line apart. Vary the angles a bit so the strips aren't straight rectangles.
- Glue the strips onto the black cardstock, starting about 1 ½” from the top.
- Cut three triangles, about ¾” high, from the red cardstock. Glue to the top of the black cardstock and add round stickers for the pom-poms on the party hats.
- To get four rectangles of black cardstock, cut an 8 ½” by 11” sheet in half lengthwise and widthwise.
- Make sure to put a thick layer of newspaper, an old magazine or a cutting board beneath the paper when you're using the box cutter.
- You can use a paper trimmer to cut the strips, but it's a bit more difficult to cut on an angle.
- To make a large number of these cards at once, precut your paper and then put the cards together in an assembly line.
- Put a bit of sparkly confetti in the envelope.
Quick switch For a different occasion, use stickers, such as martini glasses, snowflakes or whatever else suits your theme. Or, try a stamp with white or metallic ink.
Want to talk about crafts? Go to our crafts and activities Message Board.