Snowmen Friends New Year’s Card
By: Karen Greaves
Skill Level: Easy
What You Need
- lilac card stock cut to 5 ½” x 8 ½”
- white printer paper cut to 2” x 5 ½”
- scraps of black, red, orange and yellow paper
- adhesive such as a glue stick or double-sided sticky tape
- marker, computer and printer, or New Year stamp
What You Do
- Fold lilac cardstock in half.
- Fold white paper strip in half and halves again. Using those folds as a guide, accordion fold strip into eighths. (This is like making paper dolls.)
- Cut a half snowman shape into the accordion. Unfold the four snowmen friends.
- Cut three tall triangle scraps from the bright papers and a bowtie from the black.
- Glue the frosty friends onto the cardstock and add the hats and bowtie.
- Print off, stamp or write a greeting such as “Let's Get Together!” or “Happy New Year!” Glue beneath the snowmen.
- Use beads, buttons, scraps of ribbon/material and other “extras” to dress up your snowmen. Kids can help with dressing the snowfolk or adding faces (rosy cheeks would be cute).
- Don't use white cardstock for the snowmen–when it's folded multiple times it becomes too hard to cut.
- This card is a fun invitation for a New Year's party, or simply as a way to say you'd like to get together sometime soon.
Quick switch To make this into a Christmas card, use Santa hats or regular snowmen top hats and carrot noses on the snowmen.
If you want to make a gift tag, just use two snowmen buddies.
Want to talk about crafts? Go to our crafts and activities Message Board.
Back to the Holiday Card Making Guide for more fun homemade card ideas.