Fingerprint Reindeer Family Holiday Card
You’ll love to make this cute fingerprint reindeer family! It’s a great family project, or one that kids can do all by themselves.
By: Karen Greaves
Skill Level: Easy
What You Need
- white card stock cut to 5 ½” x 8 ½”
- brown and red stamp pads
- red and brown markers
- “Season's Greetings” stamp
What You Do
- Fold cardstock in half.
- Stamp fingerprints in center of card front.
- Draw antlers and eyes with brown marker and nose with red marker.
- Stamp greeting in red.
- Use a tiny red bead or button for the noses.
- Write your family's names underneath each reindeer.
- Precut white cards and envelopes are available at office supply stores.
- Experiment with different colored card stock. Beige or pale blue would also look attractive.
- Expect some ink-stained fingers for a day or two! An exfoliating hand cleanser helps to remove most of the ink.
- To make a large number of these cards, set up an assembly line: do the prints first, then the antlers and eyes, the noses and lastly the greeting.
Quick switch To make this card into a gift tag, just use a piece of card stock about 3” square.
Experiment with different critters for different seasons: yellow fingerprints could be baby chicks for Easter, orange ones could be Halloween jack o'lanterns.