Scrumptious Cookie Puppets
Age: 4 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Cookies just got better, they're on a stick! Perched atop a lollipop or craft stick, this classic sugar cookie can become a great entertainer.
What you'll need:
- Your favorite cookie recipe and all the ingredients to bake them
- Lollipop or craft sticks
- Pastry bag
- Store-bought frosting
- Assorted candies
How to make it:
- Together with your child, mix and bake your favorite sugar cookies. You will need round circles (cookie cutter or the edge or a round glass). So, before baking, insert a lollipop or craft stick into the dough.
- After baking, let the cookies cool completely before decorating.
- To add features to the puppets, fill a pastry bag with frosting (or buy the prefilled ones at the store) and use a writing tip to add eyes, a mouth, and a mop of hair.
- Set out assorted candies so that your child may use dabs of the frosting (edible glue!) to attach extra candy features. Get silly with it and have loads of scrumptious fun!