Age: 5 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Take a walk along the beach and collect seashells for a memorable paperweight. (If you live in an area without beaches, most craft stores sell shells.)
What you'll need:
- Sea shells
- Plaster of Paris
- Empty pastic margarine tub
How to make it:
- Mix the plaster of Paris with one cup of water until it reaches a paste-like consistency (or follow the directions on the package). An adult needs to help with this, and please follow the instructions on the package carefully.
- Pour this plaster into a plastic margarine tub.
- Now press the shells into the plaster and let the plaster and shells harden completely.
- Carefully remove your new paperweight from the plastic tub. Now you have a nice shell paperweight—a beautiful gift from nature.