Age: 6 and up
Add the luck of the Irish to your St. Patrick's Day with these shamrock mobiles. This easy craft for kids is fun and a great rainy day project. Team them with our rainbow mobiles and leprechaun mobile for a festive decoration.
What you'll need:
- 1 paper plate
- Paper streamers or wide ribbon in rainbow colors (red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple)
Craft paint in rainbow colors (red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple)
- White craft glue
- Piece of ribbon for hanging
- Shamrock garland OR cut your own shamrocks from green construction paper
How to make it:
- Cut the paper plate in half. Paint it with craft paint in this order: red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple. Use our photo as a guide. Let dry completely and paint the other side as well.
- Cut shamrock garland into 18" strips.
- Glue each strip to the back of the paper plate.
- If you like, instead of store-bought garland, make your own shamrocks from construction paper and glue to lengths of string or yarn.
- Tie a piece of ribbon into a knot, then glue to the back of the plate to use as a hanger.
• Foam plates work well for this project. They have smoothe edges and paint
sticks right to them.
• Make a 3-D mobile by painting two paper plate halves. Glue them together
and hang your shamrock from the bottom.
• Have something fun for the kids to do during the drying time so they don't
jump the gun and grab their projects too soon.
Leprechaun & Pot of Gold Mobile
Luck of the Irish Mobile
St. Patrick's Day
St. Patrick's Day Crafts
St. Patrick's Day Coloring Pages
St. Patrick's Printables and Games
St. Patrick's Day Recipes
St. Patrick’s Day Party Ideas
Take a Quiz:
What’s Your St. Patrick’s Day IQ?
What’s Your Earth IQ?
What’s Your Spring Season IQ?
What’s Your Crafting Style?