Shaving Cream Paint
By: Amy Fryer
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 3 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
This is a great, clean painting activity that provides a tactile experience for little ones. It's also easy to clean up and doesn't leave anything to keep in the end.
What you'll need:
- Baking sheets (enough for each child and preferably with sides)
- Shaving cream (not gel!)
- Food coloring
- A smock for each child
How to make it:
- Put a smock on each child.
- Place a baking sheet in front of each child's seat.
- Squirt shaving cream on each baking sheet.
- Add food coloring for added excitement and let 'em at it! Not only will your children enjoy spreading the foam as well as writing and drawing in it with their fingers, they'll be clean when they're all done. They'll also enjoy watching the color spread throughout the foam as they play. (You can even add a second color for additional amazement.)