Say It with Signs
Difficulty: Very Easy
These are made from yard sign (sticks) that lawn care people place in yards to show the lawn has been treated. Create and then place these signs along the recipient's driveway or along their lawn that they can read as they drive up to their house. Great for parties too!
Parental supervision is recommended.
What you'll need:
- Lawn care signs/sticks
- Poster board
- Hole punch
- Pencil or pen
- Markers (use permanent markers if rain is possible)
- Other decorative items such as ribbons, feathers, beads, etc.
- Tacky glue or double stick tape
- Tacky glue, if using decorative items
How to make it:
- Remove the signs off the sticks.
- Trace around the sign onto the poster board. Be sure to also trace the hole. Repeat for as many signs as you wish to make.
- Cut out the signs.
- Hole punch on the marked area.
- Decorate the signs with markers or other decorative items.
- Let dry.
- Use tape or tacky glue to adhere the poster board to the lawn care signs for extra durability.
- Let dry if using glue.
- Assemble the signs.
- Arrange the signs down a driveway or yard so they can be read as people, or the recipient, drives by!
We went around and asked people if we could have their lawn care signs. No one turned us down and now we have quite a few! We made these signs for my niece's birthday. My son used Crayola's Changeables Markers to create the look you see in the pictures.
You can also tie on helium filled balloons to the signs to gather more attention to your signs. Have fun coming up with new ideas in ways to use these signs. Don't forget Mother's Day, Father's Day, birthdays, anniversaries, or just any day to make someone smile! 8-D