By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 7 and up
This pillowcase makes a great keepsake. It's a great idea for kids to make at their next sleepover. Never again will anyone wonder who brought which pillow!
We've got a whole range of fun sleepover party crafts and ideas.
What you'll need:
- Fabric paint, or acrylic paint plus textile medium
- Foam stamps (hearts, flowers, etc)
- Alphabet foam stamps
- Colorful permanent markers
- Wax paper
How to make it:
- Insert wax paper into the pillowcase to prevent seepage. (See photo.)
- Use alphabet stamps and black paint to personalize the top of your pillowcase (ex. - "Jennifer's Sleepover Pillow"). To use foam stamps, paint the foam side of the stamp, then gently, but firmly press the stamp down onto the fabric. Lift straight up into the air to remove. (See photo.)
- Decorate different areas of the pillowcase using fun foam stamps, such as hearts and flowers.
- When you go to a sleepover, bring colorful permanent markers and ask each guest to sign your pillowcase. They can choose a spot around one of the flowers or hearts, or sign wherever they like. Do this each time you go to a sleepover! (See photo.)
- Make sure that you purchase permanent marker as you don't want your friend's signature to wash out!
- Foam stamps are available at craft supply stores.
- Textile medium can be purchased at craft supply stores.