By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 5 and up.
Hide this cute sleepy Easter bunny inside your kids Easter eggs. Shhh, don’t wake him - he needs his strength to deliver those goodies.
What you'll need:
- ½ egg shell
- Wooden doll stand
- 2 large white pom poms
- 4 medium white pom poms
- 1 miniature pink pom pom
- Scrap of black felt
- Pink and white acrylic paint
- White felt
- White craft glue
- Thin white ribbon
How to make it:
- Be sure egg shell is clean and dry. Paint outside of egg shell pink.
- Paint the doll stand with a mixture of white and pink paint. Let dry.
- Glue the egg shell to the doll stand.
- Add some glue to the inside of the egg shell. Place one of the large white pom poms inside the egg shell. Glue the other large white pom pom on top of the first one.
- Glue two medium white pom poms to the inside of the egg shell so that they show at the top of the shell (paws).
- Glue the other two medium white pom poms to the head for the cheeks.
- Glue the miniature pink pom pom in between the two cheeks.
- Cut two long ears from the white felt and glue to the top of the head at the sides. Fold them downward and glue the ends to the egg shell.
- Cut two small crescent shaped slits from the black felt and glue on to head for sleepy eyes.
Tie ribbon around the bottom of the egg shell and form a bow, trim the ends.
- Pom poms can be purchased in large value packs with different colors and sizes.
- Be sure to check the craft stores following each holiday for major clearance priced items.
You could get even more creative and add a sleeping cap to the project by cutting a piece of pastel colored felt and rolling into a cone. Glue it to the top of the head and bend the end downward and glue to bunny’s back.
Video filmed and edited by Hope Boyarsky.