Difficulty: Very Easy
Parental supervision is recommended
Give a pencil, pen or straw near you a neat looking snake decoration. This kids' craft is a fun way to decorate all sorts of things kids use every day.
What you'll need:
- Gray chenille stem (or any color)
- Red scrap of felt
- Two (six millimeter) wiggle eyes
- Pencil, pen, or straw to wrap the snake around
How to make it:
- Bend back one inch of the chenille stem to form the head. Add a drop of glue to hold in place.
- Cut a piece of felt about 3/4 inch long by 1/4 inches wide.
- Cut a "V" shape in one end of the felt to make the tongue.
- Glue the other end of the felt to the head (see photo).
- Glue a wiggle eye to each side of the head (see photo).
- Wrap the rest of the chenille stem around the pencil or object of your choice.