What you'll need:
- Paper plate
- Crayons or markers
- Yarn or string
- White and red construction paper
- Wiggle eyes, optional
- Glitter or sequins, optional
How to make it:
- Use the pencil to poke a hole in the center of the plate.
- Make a head oval in the center and draw a spiral with a pencil as illustrated above on one side of the plate. It does not have to look exactly like the drawing, but you should try and keep the lines about the same width apart (until you get to the edge, where it will get thin for the tail) .
- Use crayons or markers to draw a design on both sides of the plate. Glue on glitter and sequins if you would like your snake to sparkle. If you do, you will need to let the snake dry before step #4.
- Starting at the outer edge, cut the plate in the spiral shape you drew.
- Glue on the wiggle eyes or make some of your own.
- Cut out a forked tongue and glue it on.
- Tie the string on to the button and then pull the "free end" through the hole in the head of your snake. Hang it up and watch your snake "come to life" when it's hit by a breeze.