Snow Angel Christmas Card & Ornament
By: Claudine Casault
Age: 4 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Angels are with us at every time of year! With his scarf and hat, this heavenly little pal is all set for the crisp weather of the holiday season.
What you'll need:
- Design cardstock
- Orange cardstock
- Cardstock (2 solid colors)
- 3 buttons
- 3-D black fabric paint
- Scraps of fabric
- Watered-down craft glue (recommended: Mod Podge)
- 1/8” ribbon
- White glitter
- Double-sided padded tape
- Fabric scissors
- Paper scissors
- Thin black marker
- Hot glue gun
How to make it:
Step 1: Snow angel, Nose and Wings Template
- Trace and cut out snow angel pattern on one of the pieces of colored cardstock.
- Trace and cut out wings pattern on design cardstock.
- Trace and cut out carrot nose pattern on orange cardstock.
- Trace and cut out heart pattern on the other colored cardstock.
Step 2: Hat and Scarf
- Cut a 3" wide x 4" long piece of fabric.
- Fold the 4" side of fabric up 1/4" two times and hot glue into place. This will be the brim of the snow angel's hat.
- Fold back side edges to center of hat.
- Glue hat into place on an angle on top of the snow angel’s head.
- Tie a small piece of 1/8" ribbon around the top of the hat.
- Fray top of hat and glue a button on top of tied ribbon.
- Apply a small amount of glue to bottom right of hat and create a small pleat in hat.
- Cut a 3/4" wide x 8" long piece of fabric for scarf and tie around front of card.
- Glue scarf in place and fray ends of scarf.
Step 3: Snow Angel Wings
- Place double-sided padded tape on back of snow angel body.
- Attach the wings on the backside of the snow angel, towards the top of the card.
- Place double-sided padded tape on back of heart and attach it to the right-hand side of the snow angel’s body.
- Write the word ‘Snow Angel’ around heart using thin black marker.
- Glue two buttons down the center of the snow angel’s body.
- Place a small piece of double-sided padded tape on back of carrot nose.
- Attach nose to snow angel’s face.
Step 4: Eyes and Mouth
- Make eyes and mouth using 3-D black fabric paint.
- Apply a thin amount of watered-down craft glue to the edges of snow angel, wings, and heart.
- Sprinkle white glitter over glue.
- With a 10" long piece of 1/8”ribbon, make a loop and tie a knot.
- Glue knot top and center on the snow angel’s wings and along back of head.
- Tie a small bow with 1/8" ribbon.
- Glue bow on top of knot and trim off excess ribbon.
- Substitute fabric hat and scarf for paper cutout.
Claudine Casault is a craft developer living in Ontario, Canada.