Snowman Christmas Card
By: Claudine Casault
Age: 4 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
This stylish snowman is decked out in his best holiday hat and scarf.
What you'll need:
- Metallic-finish cardstock in a color of your choice
- Black metallic cardstock
- Orange metallic cardstock
- Design fabric
- 3-D fabric paint (recommended: orange and black)
- 1/8” ribbon
- Large bell
- Fabric scissors
- White glitter
- Watered-down craft glue
- Paint brush
- Small paint brush
- Double-sided padded tape
- Hot glue gun
- Paper scissors
How to make it:
Step 1: Snowman Template
- Trace and cut out snowman head pattern using metallic-finish cardstock. Score the card as it is indicated in the pattern.
- Trace and cut out nose pattern using metallic orange cardstock.
- Trace and cut out eyes and mouth pattern using metallic black cardstock.
Step 2: Snowman Hat
- From the fabric, cut out a rectangular piece that is 7” wide x 10” long.
- Fold 1" of bottom edge of fabric and glue into place. Fold over again and glue a second time.
- Wrap bottom edge of hat around snowman’s head above the score line, then glue hat into place.
- Tie a double bow with 1/8” ribbon around top of hat 2" from top.
- Hot glue a large bell on top of double bow.
- Fray end of hat.
Step 3: Scarf
- To make the scarf, cut a 2” wide x 10” long rectangle-shaped piece of fabric and tie in the center.
- Glue knot to inside front at bottom of card.
- Fray each end of scarf.
Step 4: Nose, Coals /Eyes and Mouth
- Fasten nose, eyes, and mouth cutouts to snowman’s head using double-sided padded tape.
- Pipe orange 3-D fabric paint on nose to give it definition.
- Pipe black 3-D fabric paint around the coals for the mouth and eyes.
- Sprinkle white glitter over top of eyes, mouth and nose, and let dry.
- Brush a thin amount of watered-down glue around edge of snowman’s face.
- Sprinkle with white glitter. Let dry, then shake off and save extra glitter.
- Substitute fabric for design paper.
Claudine Casault is a craft developer living in Ontario, Canada.