Pom-Pom Snowman Magnet or Pin
Parental supervision is recommended
Keep fridges and bulletin boards looking festive with this snowman magnet or pin. Kids get a kick out of drawing the faces and features on it.
What you'll need:
- Three white pom-poms (ours are 1/2 inch round)
- Two wiggle eyes
- Red sock or felt
- Black felt
- Thin marker to trace on felt
- Tacky glue or hot glue
- Tip of an orange crayon, or piece of Fimo clay, felt, or construction paper
- Popsicle stick or piece of cardboard
- Magnet strip with adhesive or jewelry pin
How to make it:
- Take three pom-poms and glue to popsicle stick. (see photo)
- Take an old red sock and cut an 1/2" inch wide by eight inch strip out of the cuff.
- Tie the "scarf" around the snowman's neck.
- Glue on wiggle eyes.
- Cut buttons out of scraps of black felt and glue on snowman.
- Depending on the type of nose you want for your snowman, glue on a tip of a crayon, shape a piece of Fimo into a carrot shape, or cut some orange felt or construction paper. Glue on to snowman's face.
- Cut a rectangle out of black felt three inches by four inches long.
- Glue the short ends together to make the hat.
- Trace around the top of the hat to make a circle to fit. Cut out and glue on one end of the hat.
- Trace around the bottom of the hat, making the circle slightly larger to make the brim. Cut out.
- Stuff the hat lightly with felt scraps to help it keep the shape.
- Glue the brim to the bottom of the hat.
- Glue the hat onto the snowman's head and anchor onto the popsicle stick.
- Glue a magnet strip to the back of the popsicle stick.
- When all is dry, put on your refrigerator and enjoy!