Snowman Place Setting
Parental supervision is recommended
Set a seasonal dinner table by including this snowman place setting. It doubles as a cute craft ornament for the tree.
What you'll need:
- 3/4 inch wooden doll head
- One inh wooden doll head
- 1/2 inch tall wooden flower pot
- Two wiggle eyes (six milimeters)
- 1/8 inch black bead
- Red sock
- White craft paint
- Black craft paint
- Hot glue gun
- Eight inch piece of fishing line
How to make it:
- Paint both doll heads with white paint.
- Paint flower pot with black paint.
- Let all three pieces dry.
- Hot glue the bottom of the smaller head to the top of the bigger head.
- Turn the flower pot upside down and hot glue to the top of the smaller head.
- Put the fishing line around the neck of the snowman and tie on the back side. Put a drop of hot glue to hold in place.
- Hot glue the fishing line behind the hat.
- Tie a knot in the ends of the fishing line. Put a drop of hot glue to hold the knot.
- Clip ends of fishing line.
- Cut a piece of the sock, preferably in the cuff, to fit the snowman.
- Put a drop of glue behind the snowman's neck. Place the middle of the sock piece in this spot and hold for a minute.
- Cross the "scarf" around to the front of the snowman and hold in place with two spots of hot glue. Hold in place for a minute. (Be careful not to burn yourself!)
- Hold the black bead with the tweezers. Apply a drop of hot glue to the bead. Apply the bead to the snowman below the scarf. (see photo)
- Hold one of the wiggle eyes with the tweezers. Apply a drop of hot glue to the eye. Apply the eye to the snowman's face.
- Repeat with other eye.
- Hang on the tree and enjoy.