Snowmen Reclaimed Wrapping Paper Card
By: Claudine Casault
Age: 3 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
This is a fun reclaimed craft that makes use of old Christmas wrapping paper!
What you'll need:
- Reclaimed Christmas wrapping paper
- 2 solid-colored pieces of paper (we used a brown-green color and a kelly green color)
- Scrap of red paper
- White cardstock
- Double-sided padded tape
- Thin black marker
- Reclaimed tissue paper
- Glue gun
- Glue stick
How to make it:
Step 1: Card Cut-out
- Cut out a 7" x 12" rectangle on white cardstock and fold in half so it is now 7" x 6".
- Cut out a 4 1/4"x 5 1/4" rectangle with white cardstock.
- Cut out a 7" x 12" rectangle with reclaimed wrapping paper.
- Cut out two snowman patterns with white cardstock.
- Cut out two snowman patterns with reclaimed paper.
- Cut out the hat, mitten, and scarf patterns from the kelly green paper.
- For the "heart" pattern, cut the larger heart out of the brown-green paper, the smaller heart with the scrap of red paper.
- Cut out remaining pattern shapes with reclaimed wrapping paper. Cut out at least two sets of "eye" patterns for the snowmen, and as many pieces of "snow" patterns as you like.
Step 2: Card
- Cover white cardstock with reclaimed wrapping paper using a glue stick.
- Glue thin color strips of paper on edge of 4 ¼"x 5 ¼" white rectangle shape.
- Place double sided padded tape on the back of white rectangle shape.
- Stick rectangle shape on the front of card, right in the center.
- Glue small paper pieces of snow onto the white cardstock.
- Write "Thank You" on the heart cut-out with thin black marker.
- Glue the large heart down onto the card, towards the top of the white rectangle. Glue the red heart on top of the large heart.
Step 3: Snowman
- Cover both white cardstock snowmen with the reclaimed wrapping paper snowmen using the glue stick.
- Glue branch ends on back of snowmen.
- Fold paper hats around top of snowmen’s head and glue using glue gun.
- Roll up 2 balls with reclaimed tissue paper.
- Hot glue tissue paper balls on top of hats.
- Glue the small strip of kelly green paper around necks of both snowmen.
- Take the longer, scarf-shaped piece of kelly green paper and tie a knot atcenter.
- Glue knot on snowmen’s neck, ontop of the small strip of green paper.
Step 4: Finishing Touches
- Using double sided padded tape, place both snowmen on top of the white cardstock on the front of the card.
- Glue nose, eyes, and mittens on snowmen using glue stick.
- Draw button hole on buttons with thin black marker.
- Place double-sided padded tape on back of buttons.
- Place buttons on both snowmen.
- Try using reclaimed colored envelopes for solid color paper if solid-colored paper is not available.
Claudine Casault is a craft developer living in Burlington, Canada.