By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 6 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
This whimsical ornament portrays the season of snow! Kids will love the effect this special snow paint gives to this project.
What you'll need:
- 3 regular craft sticks
- 5 mini craft sticks
- Light blue acrylic paint
- ½ sheet white felt
- Snow texture medium (recommended: Snow-Tex)
- White craft glue
- 6" length of thin ribbon
How to make it:
- Line up the three craft sticks next to each other, leaving some space between each one. Lay three mini craft sticks perpendicularly across the regular craft sticks, one at the top, one at the bottom, and one in the middle. Once you have them all lined up, glue them together (see image).
- Paint the assembled sticks with blue paint and let dry (see image).
- Cut two curtains from the white felt using the pattern.
- Turn the assembled sticks over and glue curtains in place.
- Loop a piece of ribbon and glue it to the back of the assembled window.
- Glue the remaining two mini craft sticks at the top and bottom of the assembled window, over the top of the felt curtains. Let dry (see image).
- Turn window face up again and add the snow texture medium to the "windowsills." Let dry for several hours (see image).
- Snow texture medium is available from your local discount department store or craft supply store.
- Yarn can be used for the hanger instead of ribbon.
- The snow medium is best applied in a dabbing motion and by placing blobs onto the surface rather than traditional painting.