By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 7 and up
Make this fun pennant that is sturdy enough for you to wave, cheering on your favorite team!
What you'll need:
- 1 sheet yellow stiff felt
- 2 wooden dowels
- Shipping tape
- White craft glue
- Red, orange, black, and white puffy paint
- Instant grab fast dry glue
- Black transfer paper
- Toothpick or handle end of a paintbrush
- Pen or pencil
How to make it:
- Glue the two dowels together end to end, then wrap shipping tape around the glued section several times to secure it. Set aside. (See photo.)
- Cut the felt into a large triangle. Using one of the spare pieces cut three rectangles approximately 3" x 2". (See photo.)
- Using the instant grab glue, attach the three rectangles to the short side of the triangle. About an inch should be glued onto the triangle, the remainder hanging over to the left. (See photo.)
- Turn the triangle over and pipe some instant grab glue onto the three rectangle tabs. Place the dowel onto the tabs and fold them over, enclosing the dowel and attaching to the triangle. (See photo.)
- Lightly write the word GOAL onto the pennant. Use red puffy paint to trace over the word. Use red puffy paint to add a few lines under the word. Set aside to dry for approximately 4 hours. (See photo.)
- Turn the pennant over and place a piece of black transfer paper onto the felt. Place the pattern on top of the transfer paper and trace the pattern with a toothpick or handle end of a paintbrush. Remove the pattern and transfer paper. (See photo.)
- Use black puffy paint to draw the outline of the soccer ball. Fill in the black areas and allow it to dry for 4 hours. (See photo.)
- When dry, fill in the white areas with white puffy paint. Let dry for 4 hours.
- For a quicker project, use regular acrylic craft paint and a paintbrush to add your decorations.
- Stiff felt is available from the craft supply store where regular felt is sold.
- You can add a few strips of yarn to the top of the dowel for additional decoration.