By: Amanda Formaro
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 6 & up
These spoon Pilgrims are cute and so easy! You'll be amazed how quickly they'll come together – making it a cinch for kids to have their own little spoon puppet show in just a few minutes.
Be sure to check out more of our great Thanksgiving craft ideas for kids.
What you'll need:
- 2 plastic spoons
- Construction paper: white and brown, blue, gray or black
- 4 small wiggle eyes
- White craft glue
- Gold painter pen (optional)
How to make it:
- Print patterns. Cut out clothing and man's hat from blue, gray, black or brown paper. Cut the collars, hat band, woman's bonnet and skirt hem from white paper (see image).
- Glue clothing together per pattern. Glue clothing and hats to the handles of the spoons. Make sure the spoons are back side facing up (see image).
- Glue the wiggle eyes to the spoon faces. Let everything dry (see image).
- You can use a gold paint pen to draw on a buckle for the man's hat.
- Felt can be used in place of the construction paper. If you do use felt, use felt glue instead of white craft glue.
- Instead of wiggle eyes, children can draw their pilgrim faces on with a marker.
- If you would like to embellish your pilgrims, draw and cut out items for them to hold such as a bowl of corn or a musket. Cut simple arms from strips of construction paper that match the color of their clothing.