Springtime or Anytime Place Mat
Age: 3 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Design your own springtime or anytime place mat. They are great for any occasion and will brighten your home.
What you'll need:
- Clear self-adhesive vinyl shelf paper (recommended: Con-Tact Paper)
- Construction paper
- Glue stick
How to make it:
- Cut out an 18" x 11" piece of clear adhesive paper. Peel off the backing and lay the adhesive paper on a flat surface, sticky side up.
- Cut random shapes from construction paper to use as a background. Press them to the Con-Tact paper, face up, leaving a border along each edge.
- Cut out letters from magazines in the words "SPRING HAS SPRUNG", "HAPPY BIRTHDAY", or choose other words to express the occasion. Use a glue stick to paste the letters on top of the colored paper. Add your own pictures cut from magazines. For spring, use flowers and pretty pastels, or choose other pictures to express the occasion.
- Cover it all by carefully placing a second 18" x 11" sheet of clear adhesive paper sticky side down over the first. Trim around the border for a neat look.