Age: 7 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Add a third dimension to plain old 'X's & 'O's with this stacking tic-tac-toe craft. Makes a great kids' game for long car rides.
What you'll need:
- 9 Wooden golf tees
- Small piece of cardboard or balsa wood
- 48 Wooden wheels (make sure they fit over the golf tees)
- Red craft paint
- Blue craft paint
- Tacky glue
How to make it:
- Glue the 9 wooden golf tees onto the small piece of cardboard or balsa wood. See photo for position of tees.
- With the 48 wooden wheels you are going to make 24 playing pieces. Glue the flat side of two wheels together to make 1 piece.
Note: Make sure you glue the pieces directly on top of each other. If you block the hole in the center, you will have trouble placing the pieces over the golf tees.
- Paint 12 of the pieces red, and the other half blue.
- Play this just like Tic-Tac-Toe. You can win straight across, diagonally,
or by stacking the pieces up.