Stained Glass Mother's Day Card
By: Claudine Casault
Age: 3 & up
Parental supervision is recommended
Open this card in the light and it looks just like a stained glass window!
What you'll need:
- Black cardstock or construction paper
- Tissue paper or kite paper (various colors)
- Craft knife
- Double-sided padded tape
- Glue stick
How to make it:
Step 1: MAKING THE CARD
- Trace and cut out stained glass window patterns with colored cardstock.
- Have an adult cut out the inside of window shapes (as indicated) using a craft knife.
- Glue down various colors of tissue paper over the window cut outs on the inside front of the card.
Step 2: MAKING THE BUTTERFLY
- Trace and cut out butterfly patterns onto cardstock.
- Have an adult cut out all the shapes on butterfly wings and head using a craft knife.
- Glue various colors of tissue paper over the cut out shapes on the "wrong" side of the butterfly.
- Cut out antennas from black cardstock and then glue antennas on back of butterfly's head.
- Slightly bend butterfly's wings forward.
- Place double-sided padded tape on back of butterfly.
- Place butterfly on the front center of card.
- Replace colored tissue with white cardstock and use coloring crayons.
- When writing the note inside your Mother's Day card, use metallic or "milky" pens that will contrast with the dark paper.